On May 3, 2014, at 3:22 AM, pjklau...@gmail.com wrote:

> Frankly, if we could "trust" in DNS, we would not need to "trust" in
> web-PKIX [2] - since the one is just the bandaid for the other. Therefore I
> support any alternative DNS mechanisms (Namecoin?) which could eventually
> make it into the mainstream.

That is precisely what we're working on with DNSChain, a project that combines
DNS with the blockchain (any blockchain, and Namecoin specifically is
supported):

https://github.com/okTurtles/dnschain

Yesterday we released 0.2.0, our 5th/6th release (0.2.1 is the same thing, just
forgot to bump the NPM version string).

This project represents as close to a practical form of "self-trust" as I'm
aware of. It represents a flat P2P network topology, as opposed to a
hierarchical one (like canonical DNS), that's based on the blockchain.

Its last remaining problem is a solid solution to the 51% problem. The Ethereum
project has proposed some interesting ones. There's also interesting discussion
going on within the BitShares community.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA.