The NIST Key Wrap is unauthored, which in practice means it's an NSA
construction. That doesn't mean it's insecure. In fact if anything it's
over-engineered.

It's designed to achieve CCA2 security (or an equivalent deterministic
definition) for high-entropy messages. It probably does that, despite the
absence of a security proof or any definitions at all. You could probably write
a proof if you cared.

I wouldn't use it on principle. There are more elegant constructions with
proper analysis. NIST should stop publishing things just because someone at NSA
tells them to.

Matt