If it's so foolish to build your own crypto, how foolish would a Fortune 500 company be to deploy it?

Too bad there's not a crypto hacker service to test out various crypto algorithms. We're always told to trust the government-sponsored crypto like AES when we know full well that governments are not trustworthy. All crypto looks secure ;-)