On 11/19/2015 10:20 PM, Jan Suhr wrote:
> Nitrokey Storage is a USB device which operates as a “digital latchkey”
> to protect your data and user accounts.

Can you compare it to Yubikey Neo/Yubikey 4?

As far as I can see, Nitrokey has only the file encryption on top of
Yubikey. Both Yubikey and Nitrokey support OpenPGP card and U2F. Yubikey
has PIV applet.

Does Nitrokey implement U2F in a similar way to Yubikey - secp256r1
elliptic curve on the smartcard? Seems also Nitrokey doesn't have the
button required to press to activate U2F authenthication.

> Encryption of emails, hard drives, SSH, and other data via a highly secure
> smart card

I can't see where the smartcard functionality is implemented. I looked
at the repositories on your github, but can't find either the smartcard
or a FPGA that would implement it in the BOM (I see the STM32 used for
file/disk encryption). Or is the "smartcard" implemented on the STM32?

Regards,
  Ondrej