The Liberty Alliance was stillborn to begin with. Not that it made any
practical difference, but the Liberty Alliance received an additional
bullet through the head the day that RSA Security, a key participant in
the Liberty Alliance, announced that they would also support Microsoft
Passport.
{I'm not on DBS so they won't see this.}

I wasn't discussing the politics, just the architecture. But anyway: if Liberty does manage to field something run by the CCard companies, then it will survive, and probably win. MSFT will have to acceede to what Visa and MC deploy.
/r$