Sorry, forgot to hit "Reply All" instead of Reply...

Am 27.11.2017 09:55 schrieb "Marcel Raad" <marci...@gmail.com>:

Hi Mathijs,

Am 27.11.2017 09:47 schrieb <math...@thimeo.com>:

To support a legacy product I had to build CryptoPP for Windows XP.
However, the default behaviour in config.h causes some trouble with this.

// If the user did not make a choice, then select CryptoNG if either
// Visual Studio 2015 is available, or Windows 10 or above is available.
#if !defined(USE_MS_CRYPTOAPI) && !defined(USE_MS_CNGAPI)
# if (_MSC_VER >= 1900) || ((WINVER >= 0x0A00 /*_WIN32_WINNT_WIN10*/) ||
(_WIN32_WINNT >= 0x0A00 /*_WIN32_WINNT_WIN10*/))
#  define USE_MS_CNGAPI
# else
#  define USE_MS_CRYPTOAPI
# endif
#endif

This means that when building with >= VS2015 but with XP as target,
CryptoPP decides to start using MS_CNGAPI. This is available on the build
system, but not on Windows XP, causing the application to abort on start.
Of course this behaviour can be overridden by manually defining
USE_MS_CRYPTOAPI or USE_MS_CNGAPI, but I think the default behaviour is not
optimal. I don’t see why the version of VS matters in this check.

this has been fixed in this commit:
https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/32f715f1d723e2bbb78b44fa9e167d
a64214e2e6

Now only the target Windows version matters, not the Visual Studio version.

Marcel