I currently use the following command to sign a short message:

      openssl pkeyutl -sign -in message -inkey privateKey.pem -out
signedMessage

I am trying to use CryptoPP to verify and recover this message (using the
public key).  Note that this openssl command does not generate or use a
digest; it signs the original message.  This may be undesirable but I need
my implementation to work with messages that have already been signed in
this way.

If I use
RSA::PrivateKey privateKey;
privateKey.Load(FileSource("privateKey", true, NULL, true
/*binary*/).Ref());
RSASS<PSSR, SHA1>::Signer signer(privateKey);

... then I can sign a message but the output is different for every run.
The openssl command above always gives the same output, and I need CryptoPP
to reproduce this.  I think this is to do with the hash function (digest)
that CryptoPP is including (as per convention) and that I can't work out
how to exclude.

Similarly, if I try to use a RSASS<PSSR, SHA1>::Verifier to do a
RecoverMessage on the output of openssl (which is my ultimate goal), the
verification fails.

Is there a way to define a Verifier that does not expect to find a hash
value?

P.S. Please be gentle; cryptography is *definitely* not my thing...