On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 7:33 PM Inês <ineslin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to Crypto++ and I'm having some problems, I'd like to know if you
> could give me some help. The matter is the following, I have already
> compiled/installed crypto++ which I've cloned from github.
>
> Now, while running this command "cryptest tv chacha" the following errors
> appear:
>
> CryptoPP::Exception caught: ObjectFactoryRegistry: could not find factory for
> algorithm ChaCha
> Skipping to next test.
>
> CryptoPP::Exception caught: Unexpected error during validation test
>
> This also happen with "cryptest tv all" and "cryptest v".
>
> Also, if I run this command "./cryptest.exe b 60 1.5" at a certain point
> almost when it is finishing the retrieving of the html page this error
> appears:
> "<TBODY style="background: white;">
> Exception caught: AES/GCM: message length exceeds maximum"
>
> As I am new to this library I am a little confused and don't know what to
> expect. If any of you kind souls could give me some help I would be very
> grateful as I have to use this for a project.

I've seen that before on Linux. It sounds like a newer version of
cryptest.exe is being used with an older version of the library. It is
the Linux version of DLL Hell.

If possible, use either one or the other. Otherwise, use something to
set your library path, like the linker's $ORIGIN option or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH at runtime.

Jeff