cipher.size() doesn't help :/

the problem is not related to size but the xct pointer itself

however, if I do something similar with mac, it works

*const* byte* xmac = *reinterpret_cast*<*const* byte*>(strMac.data());

dec.DecryptAndVerify(rt, xmac, *sizeof*(xmac), iv, sizeof(iv), aad,
*sizeof*(aad),
ct, *sizeof*(ct));

the issue arises when I try to work with xct