On Monday, September 25, 2023 at 10:13:03 AM UTC-4 Krissscool72 wrote:

until now I was using cryptopp 8.2.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 and builting it with
CXXFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -O3 -mfunction-return=thunk -mindirect-branch=thunk"
make static

I tried to build it on Ubuntu 22.04:
- Linux version 5.15.0-82-generic
- gcc 11.4.0

and encountered the followinf error:
/usr/include/c++/11/cstddef:126:48: error: '-mindirect-branch' and
'fcf-protection' are not compatible

*Do you have any idea where it comes from ?*

I tried to compile with the following options instead:
CXXFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -O3 -fcf-protection=none -mfunction-return=thunk
-mindirect-branch=thunk" make static
OR
CXXFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -O3 -mfunction-return=thunk-extern
-mindirect-branch=thunk-extern" make static
which succeedeed.

*Do you have any recommandation on the best thing to do ?*

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-9/+bug/1830961/comments/14