I spoke too soon.  So I generated a new cert with openssl with the RSAPSS
scheme.  Windows shows the certificate information correctly with subject,
not before, not after, etc. correctly.  However, with PEM_Load it fails
with BER decode error.  Does PEM_Load not support this or is there
additional configuration to do before it can load it in properly?

Thanks,
Frank