Hi Eric,

Thanks for the advice. I've used ldd to see which shared libs that
cspace and its demos are linked to, and so far none of them seem
related. I thought there was something wrong with FreeImage but I only
have 1 version installed so that cannot be it. isotest works because
it's not linked to any shared library that is related to jpeg or
imaging.

This problem of mine is merely a annoyance, I can just convert
whatever jpgs I need to pnms and they would work.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Patrick