Tim Shannon wrote:
> Disclaimer, I know nothing about mobile arm processors other than that
> code needs to be compiled differently for them than an x86, but can
> Crystal Space ever be compiled for an ARM processor in case anyone
> wanted to use it for a mobile device, assuming that all the other
> dependent packages are already available for an ARM processor.

Crystal Space is written in highly portable C++, so it can be compiled
for many different processor types. There are a few optimized pieces of
code written in assembly for certain processor types, but there is
always fallback C++ code for these instances for when a desired
processor type is not detected. Crystal Space has been audited and
corrected to work well with 32- and 64-bit processors, as well as with
little- and big-endian architectures.

Note, however, that CS tends to be quite resource intensive, perhaps
demanding too many resources (such as memory) for the typical ARM device
to handle.

-- ES