You should not be modifying control.tlib (or any of the other .tlib
files) since doing so will make it difficult to update your project
later when newer versions of the master copies of these files are
available. Instead, you should employ one of the customization options
available.

For particularly drastic customizations, you could create a custom.cslib
file (like CS/mk/msvcgen/custom.cslib) and reference it from a global
Jamfile in your project (see CS/mk/msvcgen/Jamfile for an example), but
this almost certainly is overkill for your case.

More likely, you can accomplish your goal by invoking one of the
documented msvcgen-related rules in CS/mk/jam/msvcgen.jam. There are
quite a few such useful rules, but for your case, you probably will
focus on MsvcDefine, MsvcCFlags, or MsvcLFlags for setting extra flags
on a per-target basis.

-- ES