Hi,

Just as a status update, regarding my project. The work is going good, I
have been working on implementing caustics (pretty hard), and it seemed to
be quite tough in comparison to our expectations. I have almost got the
caustic thing worked out for point lights, though it is a bit buggy, but I
plan to get it done by this weekend most probably.

I also had a discussion with Scott, and it seems that there is quite some
interest/concerns with the time required to generate lightmaps using
lighter2. So we planned to change the project deliverables of my project and
get some of the photon mapping work parallelized using openCL. As of now, I
have got quite comfortable with the lighter2 code base and have even figured
out that what portions of code can be parallelized, though I don't have a
good idea about openCL. But I am willing to learn it (my pleasure).

All that said we also figured out that this task would be a little difficult
and might not be able to complete during the GSoC period but I am personally
very much willing to work on it after that too. It would be great if you
guys could give your opinion about changing the priorities of the project.

Thanks and Regards,
Mohit Taneja