>While exploring "board.java," I received the following warnings:
 >
>"Warning #: 368 : method size() in class java.awt.Component has been
deprecated at line 103, column 18"
>"Warning #: 368 : method size() in class java.awt.Component has been
deprecated at line 104, column 18"

> I would like to update these lines in that code:
>
>  int appWidth = size().width;
>  int appHeight = size().height;
>
>What source should I consult, or do you know what the new method for size
() is?

Look up java.awt.Component size() in
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/index.html  and you will find the
answer.
If those docs are not included with your IDE, then I strongly advise
everyone to download the doc files you find at that site.  They are the
most convenient help system for the standard Java classes.  At
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/ you'll find links to the download pages.

Hans