I am trying to create a platform that can be moved with physics (shot,
bumped, etc.) but can also be walked on. I have tried to parent an
invisible func_brush to a func_physbox_multiplayer but the brush seems to
disappear and the physbox is immobilized.

I have also tried to use a constraint anchor parented to the physbox and a
constraint linked to the anchor via the constraint system, and the brush
parented to the constraint. this yields an immobile walkable platform with
an imobilized physbox. i thought it would work :(

does anyone know if it's possible to parent a func_brush to a physics
object at all? where might i be going wrong here?

[specifically the physbox is sandwiched on an x/y plane by two physics clip
brushes with a name filter, one above and one below, so it slides
horizontally only. the physbox is made up of several brushes because its
shape has inside corners. it works flawlessly but has very "bouncy"
collisions, being a func_physbos_multiplayer, so the player falls through
it. in my trials i have gotten errors that display in-game on the physbox
entity that say something like "physics penetration error" so i thought
maybe i should make sure the brush entity is not overlapping the physbox
but that doesn't seem to help with the walkable platform, although i did
fix the error. i have also tried containing one completely within the
other, and the opposite. constraining them together of course immobilizes
the physbox since a func_brush is immobile unless parented. i have tried
making the physbox the invisible entity and giving the brush entity the
materials instead, but i doubt it would make any difference.]

help!

Aaron Stout