vrad will use all your cpu if it can.  If I want to surf while a map compiles,
I go into task manager and set vrad's affinity to to 4 of my 6 cores.  My
browser has it's affinity set to one of the empty cores, and everything else
usually runs on the other empty core.

But could there be a parameter to do it...  That I don't know.