Hello everyone I thought I'd share this lighting trick I have been using.
I've been using texture lighting to light a large portion of my map, and I
do this because I prefer the way it looks over point based lights and I
find it easier to use.

What I do is make a brush about the same size as a fluorescent shop light,
I make it a func_brush, render mode Texture and I set the FX Amount to 0.
This essentially makes the light brush invisible, and it is very handy
because by altering the lights.rad file you can adjust the lighting of an
entire map section if you have it using a custom texture light. You nodraw
the whole brush except the side emitting light.

My question is in regard to using "ent_fire func_brush kill". If I do this,
the map is still lit. Does that mean I've saved on entity overhead? Is
there a performance increase to doing this over all point lights? Are point
lights removed too client side it they contain no name?

I know there are some drawbacks like having non-light func_brush's deleted
but I'm still curious.

Best Regards,

Michael