Hey just an idea since Valve recently spruced up the SDK a bit, this
improvement to cordon compiling should really dramatically improve the
speed of rapid prototyping.

I'd suggest that when you cordon compile a section of the map, you don't
have to drag around your mainstay entity group like light_environment,
logic_auto, player spawns, ect. I'd also recommend finding a way to render
the 3d skybox properly when cordon compiling, or making that an option.

These suggestions aren't exactly off the cuff, it's just what I feel is
important to me after mapping for csgo for the last few years. I would love
nothing more than a few quality of life improvements to Hammer. Just saying
but a bug has existed for probably over 5 years where in the model viewer
if you use the delete key to remove a search field, all inputs afterward
are in reverse order, to fix you need to add new text and then backspace
instead of delete.

I know Valve doesn't exactly like chiming in, but do you think we could get
a quick round of quality of life improvements? There are bugs in hammer
that are so old we're blind to them, and it becomes really apparent when
you begin teaching someone how to use the program.

Btw Jess Cliffe I accept smoke signals and mirror glinting as a form of
communication, but I prefer email for I'm not near a window. Thanks for all
the work thus far ; )