This is a mess.

Basically, the community suffers from two game issues at the moment:

-The session bug
-Lag spikes that appeared with the update from 9/10/2014

Oddly enough, those aren't actually the issues. There is only one key issue: There is no (directed) communication. We have two parties here, the devs and the community. We can't expect the devs to do nothing else but to browse through the mails here and endure the people's frustration (and possible insults) and justify theirselves to them. They have better things to do, may it be implementing new features, or doing what we want them to do at the moment, fixing bugs. On the other hand, Valve cannot expect the community to be happy with being kept in the dark. No one can tell me that this is particularly helpful either. Just like we should be understanding towards Valve (given the point I've made above), Valve (who actually hire psychologists to research gamers' behavior, at least according to their job opening tab on their page) is well aware of that, I guess.

So let's for a moment focus on what both parties have in common: A lot of effort goes from both sides into making the game work, because they both share a passion for this game. Second of all, both parties want to be understood.

So what is needed?
Middlemen, who moderate the communication, filter out whatever information there is going around the net community-wise and pick out the stuff for the devs which is actually helpful to them and in reverse work with the community admins. Maybe Valve needs other resources like community test servers (since reproducing the issues is part of them obviously), or dumps, I don't know. Just let these people know and help both parties solve this problem.

I sincerely hope that both sides read and understand this. The situation is dire.