It looks good to me. I could add some Doxygen comments to cslsample.c if
you want -- should I do that now or would it be better to wait?
I'll add the two new files to the Doxygen config file now.

The example you mailed is much simpler than the one
in csl/cslplay.c. Do you have to write the samples
using csl_sample_write or will you be able to just
specify an existing file?

Will samples only be cached if the user explicitly calls
csl_sample_cache_add() or is it just a hint to the underlying
backend driver ?