Hi,

I've been looking at the em-based layout used in the Elastic Lawn entry on css Zen Garden - http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=/063/063.css&page=0

I like the idea of the whole thing resizing when the size of text is increased.

Has any one done a 3-col, em-based layout? May be with a fixed width (or min-width) main content area? Can the columns be floated or do they have to be absoluteIy-positioned? I don't want the layout to resize when the browser window is resized, only if the user increases the text size in their browser.

Can Holly and Johns Piefecta 3-col Layout be reworked to use the elastic em-based method?

Basically, I want to rework the site (which I still haven't finished) www.vandevelde.co.uk - I got into a bit of a muddle and I think it could be improved, especially as things seem to be going wrong on IE - surprise, surprise - both on Mac and PC.

I'm afraid I'm one of those people that learn from example, I need to see something working then rip it apart and rebuild.

Any pointers would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Tracy