Tom wrote:

I just can not understand what is going on here -
http://design.tmhdesign.com/centralfunding/layout.asp

I am beginning to do a very simply layout that has a container element with
a banner area. I put some header elements in the header that are absolutely
positioned. As you see in this page, each header has a top:0 value, yet in
IE they have a 0 margin top yet in Firefox there is some screwy margin in
there. Why is this?

The problem is with the h1 and h5 elements. You do not specify a margin value for these elements in your css, and I'm guessing Firefox is using its default margin value for these elements. In any case, specifying "margin: 0;" for both h1 and h5 elements solves your problem. The reason IE does not interpret the same way as Firefox? I can't be certain, maybe different default margin values for elements or maybe wrong interpretation of the css.

HTH

Max