On May 11, 2005, at 2:05 AM, Ingo Chao wrote:

Lorin Rivers schrieb:

<http://mosasaur.com/clients/less>

... What I don't have figured out is why on every browser that matters EXCEPT for IE6, resizing the browser window simply reflows the content in a fairly graceful manner. On IE6 the box with the gray background does not move correctly. The border graphic and the content inside the border should move/resize to reflect the change in browser width ...

The a.p. gray #addcontent box moves correctly and is just patched over the bug.

The problem is IE6's expand-to-fit-algorithm: The three .floats are positioned side-by-side, then the margin-right:180px of #lesscontent is added. This will cause a horizontal scrollbar when the window is narrowed, but not necessarily a float dropping, because none of the ancestors have a width assigned.

Fix: apply
_width:100% to .containerodd and .containereven

regards, Ingo

Ingo also said that the Holly hack will work. I knew it was something like this, I just couldn't figure out WHERE...

So I have employed the Holly hack (quite possibly to excess), which very much improved the situation. Jinkies, this was a pain though.

Thanks!

--
Lorin Rivers
Mosasaur: Killer Technical Marketing <http://www.mosasaur.com>