Hi Vicky,

Try this ...

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/imagemap/

Mike

Vicky Etherington wrote:
Hi

I have trawled through the list, and found reference to several css image
map questions and solutions, but none of them really meet my needs, and I'm
wondering if anyone can cast any light on a good method for producing an
image map with rollovers which prompt text in a certain area of a page.

I usually use CSS for creating pop ups (as in Eric Meyer's pure css pop
ups), and am now needing to for an image map without javascript (I'm a
javascript dummy and also would prefer to do it entirely in css if
possible).
I'm working on a real estate project and am producing a site map of lots
available, so when someone hovers over a particular lot, they should see
brief information about that lot (appearing in the same place on the page no
matter which lot they are hovering over). If they click on the lot, it takes
them to a different page. (Sorry I don't have a mock up page yet)

Sounds simple enough, but I'm not sure how to apply a hover state to image
map co-ordinates as they are an 'area' tag rather than an 'a' tag. I've read
that whatever:hover may be the answer, but I'm not sure how to implement it.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Vicky

CBJ Digital Ltd.

http://www.cbjdigital.com/