It is actually one of the more understandable error messages.
All it means is that the attribute value must have quotes around it.

I think you could achieve the same sort of divider between items
using a plain old <hr /> and apply similar styles to it. It seems
better than this arbitary, empty div you are using.

BTW, you have the name CSS Request associated with the CSS Discuss
email address which seems a bit untidy and likely to result in
future confusion and anguish.

--
Peter Williams