From: Holly Bergevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:27 AM
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [css-d] IE6/Opera Images Underline Problem

From: "Frank McClung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Button images on this site I'm working on at
>
>http://www.computerrecycling.us/ebay.htm
>
>all have a dotted underline in IE6 and Opera. Firefox is fine. Seems to be
>connected to the visited state of links? I removed the dotted underline
from
>the .bodytext and it didn't cure the problem for the underlined images.
What
>am I missing in the CSS?

Frank,

You have the following selectors which include rules for dotted bottom
borders -

.bodytext a:link, a: visited { }

and further along in your style sheet you have -

.generalul ul li a:link, a:visited { }

In addition to setting styles for  - .bodytext a:link - and - .generalul ul
li a:link - you've actually set styles for ALL visited links to have the
bottom borders, because you did not repeat the beginning of the selectors
that would have specifially targeted - .bodytext a:visited - and -
.generalul ul li a:visited

What you really want are the following selectors -

.bodytext a:link, .bodytext a: visited { }

.generalul ul li a:link, .generalul ul li a:visited { }

Correcting those selectors ought to solve your difficulties, or at least put
you on the right path.

hth,

~holly