Okay  everyone,

Thanks for your help in identifying my nasty problem.  It IS in fact the
guillotine bug.

It was caused by the picture I had inserted into my blog which was
marked float:left.   As soon as I removed the float:left it was fixed.

My only problem is that I have no idea how to achieve the same visual
results and fix the bug in IE....

Can someone explain why using a "clear:both" in one of my item divs
causes the clear to sync with the right hand side content?

Each item is in a div nested with several other divs and the right hand
side content is in its own div at the level of the whole left hand side
content.  I would have thought that a clear:both would clear within the
context of its enclosing block, not the entire page.... Wtheck is going
on there?

Frank