Hi all,

Can one dynamically toggle display of an element for the "media=print"
stylesheet only?

*clarification: I have a form that I never want to display an element
on the screen, but depending on the value the user selects from a
select box, it may/may not print.  (it is an element that will not be
populated until after printed...by hand...ugh.)

It's for the office, so everyone will be using IE6 only.  I'm not
worried about the content overlapping the footer right now, just the
printing question.  The only option I can think of is having 2
different classes and changing the className.

I'm really hoping for something like
'document.getElementById('footer').style[media=print].display =
"none";

Thanks in advance,
Any/all advice/criticism welcome.

Code following:

<head>
        <title>Generic Instruction Form</title>

        body {margin:50px; }

        body,td {font:10pt arial; }

        legend {font-weight:bold; }

        #docTitle {font-size:14pt;
                font-family:'Trebuchet MS',arial,sans-serif;
                padding:0;
                margin:0;
                text-transform:uppercase;
                letter-spacing:4px;
                float-left; }

        #content {position:relative;
                text-align:center; }

        /* real document will just be {display:none; } */
        #footer {display: block;
                margin:50px;
                position:absolute;
                bottom:0px;
                left:0px;
                text-align:justify; }

        body {margin:0px; }

        #footer {display: block;
                margin:0px;
                position:absolute;
                bottom:0px;
                left:0px;
                text-align:justify; }

</head>

<!------------------------------------------//  TITLE/ HEADING
//------------------------------------------>
<hr style='clear:both; '>

<!------------------------------------------//  CONTENT
//------------------------------------------>

<!------------------------------------------//  FOOTER
//------------------------------------------>
        <fieldset style='border:solid 1px #ddd; padding:8px; text-align:center;
'>
                <legend>Money Center Information Only</legend>

style='font-size:16pt;
width:100%; background-color:#eee; border:solid 1px #ccc; '
disabled='disabled' /></td></tr>
width:120px;
background-color:#eee; border:solid 1px #ccc; ' disabled='disabled'
/></td>
width:120px;
background-color:#eee; border:solid 1px #ccc; ' disabled='disabled'
        </fieldset>