Dear All:

I haven't been part of a forum before, so I'm unsure of the protocol. Does one introduce oneself?

A bit about me - I've just started doing some webdesign over the last four months or so. I have enjoyed playing with computers for the last 12 years - since I was six, and currently run Gentoo on a AMD 2800+ box. I also have started using Windows 2000 for somethings - like Dreamweaver and Fireworks and so on.

The first site which I've designed is for my former school. I haven't gone for classes or anything; there is a friend who does this professionally whom I spend an hour with a week.

I'd love some feedback. At the moment, it's a table-based design - I've just finished converting part of it to a CSS based layout, so hopefully, with some help from you guys, I'll be able to put up version 2. So I guess the feedback which I'm looking for at the moment is really for the interface - usability and the design.

A disclaimer - I am not a graphics designer, or a web-designer. I think I have an aesthetic sense of what works, and what doesn't, but I don't pretend to have any illusions about my skills in these two departments. I would really welcome further links to where I could study about usability and design - free stuff please - I'm the epitome of the penniless student!

The site can be found here.

http://cfl.in/

also

http://cfledu.org/

What I'm interested in doing is to code completely valid pages, which are accesible on any medium, and to anybody - even if they have disablities and so forth.

Also - I'm sure I'm going to be a pain - I know newbies always are. So I'm going to apologise in advance for any stupid mistakes I make, or the terribly obvious questions that I am sure to ask.

Thanks all,
Regards,
Rahul.

AMD 2800+ Barton