jack fredricks schrieb:
if it's an IE (only) hack, should it be escaped for IE (only)?

Hmm, in my percentages demo I encountered the problem, and worked this
out for me: background-position:1%; because constructs like

#menu a:hover .menuItemBracket {color:#ff0000;}

seem not to inform IE about the fact that it must redraw the container on hover.

Yes, I think it should be commented like the Holly Hack, but I don't know if IEmac suffers from the same problem.

/* to insist on a redraw in IE6, hide from IE-mac \*/
* html #menu a:hover {background-position: 0 0;}
/* end hide */

might be less worse when there is already a background-image. :)

I don't know if anyone uses this position-form of the "hack", or if this is a hack at all. I think it's a common little problem, and I saw other workarounds like changing the text-decoration, or the background-color. It's just important to find a solution that indicates a change to IE and doesn't interact too much.

Ingo