Hi,

I have some basic code on a page: it's just a single table with one row and
paragraphs of text wrapped in p tags and an h1 heading above each

The table has 20 pixels of padding all around and 8 pixels of border all
round. I used the following css to style the table itself as well as the
body and h1 tags:

 table#travelinfo {
 font-size: 13px;
 line-height: 17px;
 color: #000000;
 text-align: left;
 margin: 0px;
 padding: 20px;
 width: 612px;
 height: 598px;
 voice-family: "\"}\"";
 voice-family: inherit;
 width: 556px;
 height: 542px;
 html>body table#travelinfo
 width: 556px;
 height: 542px;
 vertical-align: middle;
 border: 8px solid #CCAE6B;
 }

 #travelinfo h1 {
 font-size: 14px;
 color: #CCAE6B;
 margin: 0px;
 padding: 0px;
 }

 body {
 background-color: #FFFFFF;
 margin: 0px;
 padding: 0px;
 }

On another page of my site, there's a text link to this page and the link
uses javascript to open a predefined sized window so that you can just see
the table with the border and all it's content. In the CSS, I've specified a
different width and height for IE(win) because of the box model problem.

The problem is that I would have thought that if I just specified 612 x 598
in the javascript for the new window, that everything would have fitted
perfectly, but when I do this, in mozilla(mac) there's a lot of white space
to the right (width) and it's cutting off the bottom (height). On IE(win)
there's white space to the right and bottom and there's no padding at all
around the table cell. I've had to kind of guess at the numbers and after
entering 556 for the width and 613 for the height, it has seemed to work in
Mozilla but there's still the problem of the white space at the bottom and
no padding for IE(win).

I'm not sure what's going on - maybe I'm missing something in the code. Can
somebody see what might be going on here?

 Thanks for any help.