Friends,

I note that where there is a font-family defined for the universal selector, that font (and that font size) are used in ANY element, regardless of class, where there is also a bit of HTML.

So far I have not found anything about it via Google, nor in the W3C CSS refs, but since all three browsers handle it the same way, then it would seem to be a part of the spec. Not what I would expect, but so defined, apparently.

I've put an example at http://www.allhear.com/Universal-selectors-font.html.

David William House
    AllHear, Inc.
    P.O. Box 330 / 23022 Yeary Lane N.E.
    Aurora, OR 97002-0330 USA
    (503) 266-6730 (voice) / (503) 266-6418 (fax)
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (e-mail)
    http://www.AllHear.com (corporate web site)

      "Make no search for water.
        But find thirst,
      And water from the very ground will burst."
             (Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in Delight of Hearts, p. 77)