On Jun 8, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Alexander Khost wrote:

Hi,
I am attempting to make two black stripes down the height of the body
of a page. I have set one as a background image, which is properly
spanning the height of the page, even when scrolling. I have been
trying to set the other stripe by adding a border-right to the body
and defining its width. It works fine, however, in FireFox, once the
page scrolls, the border line is cut off at 100% of the initial screen
display and does not scroll past that point. I'm using CSS in XHTML
1.0 transitional. Here's a code snippet of the CSS:

How about this:

        #bar {
        background: black;
        position: fixed;