On 6/10/05, Mikhail Bozgounov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lately, I read somewhere (don't remember where, though), that even CSS
> class/IDs should be ALL lowercase, although NOT required by W3C (because,
> they aren't
> part of the XHTML standard).

No idea where this came from, its type selectors (and the attribute
name part of attribute selectors) that should be written in lower case
(since XHTML documents have case sensitive element and attribute
names, and are all lower case - obviously for non-XHTML XML documents
you need to match whatever case is used in the language)

>  Letters AND numbers can be used, and "-" and "_".
> (Maybe the CSS 3 spec WILL require ALL lowercase?)

I doubt it.

> But SOME recommend NOT using the underscore "_" sign, too, as it might lead
> to problems in some browsers (Safari on Mac?)

More like Netscape 4.x :)

> and OTHERS do not recommend using
> the "-" sign (why?)

Never heard of this one, I use it all the time.

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>