At 10/06/2005 21:33  (Friday), Cedar Pruitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm new to this list,

Welcome, Cedar....

and to CSS, and I'd be grateful for any advice or feedback in solving my problem, which seems common but which I can't seem to fix nonetheless. I've been slowly making progress on my website, and finally have a running site I like that is resizable with the browser window.

But it only looks good in Internet Explorer, and I want it to look good, or at least functional, in Firefox, and I can't understand why it doesn't.

A good start would be to make sure that your HTML and CSS validate. My first observations were that your HTML doesn't have a DOCTYPE declaration, and lacks an (opening) <html> tag. You don't specify any character encoding either. You have style information (which belongs in the style sheet) mixed in with the HTML, and in your CSS, you have the following (in the 'From Erik' section:

A:link { color: #000066; text-decoration: none; font-style: strong;}

This isn't valid CSS

In Firefox, I'd like there to be spaces between the boxes, and I'd also like them to align on some level. More importantly, the content on FireFox runs off the side of the content box, so it's unreadable. That is a problem I absolutely need to fix.

My advice would be to have a good look through your code and correct any existing *errors* before you try to look at making things universal. You may find that things improve significantly once you've ironed out the problems

Again, I thank everyone here in advance for tolerating a potentially boring/naive question. I wouldn't ask if I hadn't spent the last few weeks trying to reach a resolution on my own...with no success!

No, not boring or naive... It sometimes takes a fresh pair of eyes to see a problem ;-) That's what lists are for

WBW
John M.