Gustavo Caetano wrote:
Since it may be an off topic, I apologize myself in precedence.

The fact came up today as I was working on a writer's website. He sent me
many of his stuff, all in doc.

So, I hade to copy and past the plain text and insert each <p> and </p> for
each paragraph of each text myself.
Needless to say after the 10th text I couldn't see a <p> anymore.

So, how do you deal if this kind of situation? If you want to keep your code
clean, without those weird tags and classes inserted by some softwares that
allow you to paste a plain text straight to HTML is there any other
alternative than doing like I've done?

Really, I'm really feeling an idiot about it. It's a huge timewaster and I'm
sure that there's probably dozens of softwares that do this, though I
couldn't find ANY searching in Google.

Thanks a lot

Gustavo Caetano

Hi Gustavo,

I've had this problem also. The solution is to use Dreamweaver in design mode: if you copy and paste from a word doc into DW in this way, all the formatting is preserved, all the funny characters are dealt with properly, and it actually does a brilliant job AND produces valid code! It's the only time I use design view and it's one of the few things it does very well.

Hope this helps you as much as it did me!

Bob McClelland
www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk