Bruno Fassino schrieb:
Uwe Kaiser wrote:

An italic styled h1 element is destroying the layout on:
<http://www.kriton.de/CSS/rounded/rounded.html>

In order to reproduce the effect, you need to decrease the viewport
until the width is near the small range of pixels before the line of
h1 element will break.

Hi Uwe,

In addition to the negative margin method suggested by Georg, you can use
the "usual" method suggested in the article you mentioned. For IE5.5 and IE6
it requires giving layout and overflow:visible to a suitable container, you
can use the h1. Indeed adding:
/*\*/
* html h1 {
        height: 1px;
        overflow: visible;
}
/**/

seems to solve the problem. (For IE5.01 you need some additions.)

You are right. It solves the problem for MSIE 5.5 and 6.01.
For MSIE 5.01 I need the negative margin regarding h1 and
still the ".contents {_height: 0;}" suggested by Georg.
BTW, how is the behavior of MSIE 5/Mac?

But it don't solves the problem of Opera 8.01,that it seems to have,
if the zoom factor is 100%.
Opera 7 don't have any problem with my original styled page.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Bruno

Many thanks to you,
Uwe