I know that perhaps people have seen this before an incredible number of
times, but I am just a bit stymied and could use some help.

I have a test page at http://usna.com/temp/test/index.htm and have
outlined a couple of sections with red and green borders.  The
navigation is positioned exactly where I want when I test this with
Firefox, but Internet Explorer places the navigation to the right.  I
know that IE has a bug with figurout out what the width should be that
causes this to happen but I just cannot figure out the workaround.

Cheers -

george