On 17 Jun 2005, at 10:28 pm, Jason Kohls wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having issues hiding and displaying table rows contained within a
tbody, specifically, Gecko-based browsers.

the default value for table rows in Gecko browsers, and Safari, Opera (?) is display:table-row.
(not display:block)

This works fine in IE; the rendering order is maintained and life is
wonderful.
In FF, however, the display: none is taking it out of the rendering
context (like it's supposed to) so when I change the
display/visibility attribute, the now visible tbody/tr's show up last
in the rendering order (below the tfoot even).

You set the table row to block, meaning it is not part anymore from the table formatting context, and is moved out of the table.

In your js function event set it the display value to: '' - an empty string, the default value for the UA would take over.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com/>