A good technique to always remember about IE and
display issues is that you can usually fix it with a
height: 1%; and/or a position: relative; ...

dd, dt { padding: 0 10px; height: 1%; }

Why? I don't know. But it works, and usually fixes a
problem right away that would otherwise cause madness
if you didn't know to try it in the first place!

Terry