From: Ford, Janet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 June 2005 19:24
To: stu; css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: RE: [css-d] Floating 2 divs side by side that go underneath
each otherwhen browser screen shrinks

Does anyone know if it is possible to float 2 divs next to each other
taking up 50% of the screen each, until the screen size starts to
shrink, then they list vertically (like on top of each other). This
would happen say when the user gets to 800x600 resolution or something.

Hi Stu,
I did a similiar thing a while back, but I had an H1 at the top of both
divs which I used to 'control' the wrapping. I used a min-width for
Firefox, and padding for IE (I didn't have to worry about IE5.0) but
maybe the concept will head you down a path?

padding: 0;"><h1 style="padding-right: 20em; white-space: nowrap;
font-size: 1.0em">First Heading</h1></div>
padding: 0;"><h1 style="padding-right: 20em; white-space: nowrap;
font-size: 1.0em">Second Heading</h1></div>

HTH,
Janet