Friends,

I'm beginning to believe that there may be a number of problems hidden in our pages with regard to printing, and that people (us) are not testing for these problems.

Consider, for example, "Suckerfish Shoals" (http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/shoal/)-- recommended on this list with good reason-- yet which will not (for me at least) properly print from FF 1.0.4 XP (or Moz 1.7.5). This, apparently because the PRE block is treated as if it should all be put together on one page. IE (for once the better exception) does fine with this page.

I first noted this same type of problem in my tests regarding numbering of paragraphs, since several approaches I have tried have essentially the same problems printing (although all appear to display well) as the referenced page does, perhaps because the UAs try to put every element in a certain block (whether enclosed in a DIV or part of a DL) all on one page...

I was going to post more about those tests, but I'd rather find out what the list thinks is the problem (and more importantly, the solution) for the above page...

d.
David William House
    AllHear, Inc.
    P.O. Box 330 / 23022 Yeary Lane N.E.
    Aurora, OR 97002-0330 USA
    (503) 266-6730 (voice) / (503) 266-6418 (fax)
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (e-mail)
    http://www.AllHear.com (corporate web site)

      "Make no search for water.
        But find thirst,
      And water from the very ground will burst."
             (Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in Delight of Hearts, p. 77)