Matthew,

> I was kinda wondering the same thing.Is it possible to create a news
> scroller without using javascript, or at least use a very minimum of
> javascript. I'm not really against the javascript but all the
> solutions I've seen won't degrade well when using a browser without
> JS. My thought was to create a CSS styled listed and have it scroll
> through the list items... I don't know if that can be done entirely in
> css though, it'd probably need some JS. Any thoughts?

I dont't think that this is possible. You'll need some more JS to get
a newsscroller working. But why don't you use one of the many
newsscrollers freely available and modify it, to get the news-text
from a <ul> wrapped in a <noscript>? I think that would degrade very
pleasently ;), but has nothing to do with css as long as you don't
style it...

regards,

  Martin