At 14:44 12-07-05, Smith, Sarah wrote:

>If I understand what he's saying, if you throw in font size and family,
>such as
>font: italic 900 100% verdana;
>it works (for me). You probably don't want to specify that every time,
>so maybe "shorthand" isn't the solution in this case.

A ha. Thank you for that info, that makes sense and I see the reason
for the issue now. I'll have to price that handbook.

>Also,
>#order a:link a:visited a:hover a:active
>Doesn't work because that is descendant selector format.
>#order a:link, #order a:visited, #order a:hover, #order a:active
>Would accomplish what you want.

Yes, I brainfarted that. The comma part anyway, another list member
pointed out offlist, the full selector needs to be called out. He
suggested putting them on separate lines, thus:

#order a:link,
#order a:visited,
#order a:hover,
#order a:active {blah}

Which seems eminently intuitive, to me. I cannot foresee making that
same mistake again while using this formatting tip.

Reese

--
http://www.inkworkswell.com
1+ 727-942-9255