Hi Again Peggy

Thank you, Moria for your help. I've attempted to use your code to make my menu. It still does not function in IE and the music list only stays visible long enough to click on the first two or three items. I did change the music and other buttons that have the popouts because they are not links, only their submenu items are. Is this what is making it work weird? The page is now at :
http://www.artasightproductions.com/new/sidebartest.html

Sorry it didn't work for you.
This menu code assumes that everything in a navigation menu are links or it wouldn't be there, so I don't think it will work since it uses the hover method.
You have a 13 item main nav - already pushing the envelope eh? :)
Some of them are not links - one wonders why anything in a nav menu isn't a link - why is it there? I assume because it is a category. But I think people expect everything that looks like a link to be a link. But now I am into usability.

Finally your sub menu at it's longest point - Music - has 9 items in it as a sub categories. I think that is pretty hard for a user to manipulate - again I am leaning toward usability not CSS.

Any way to rethink your menu? Otherwise I think you need to find another solution then this CSS method.

Perhaps someone else here has built a menu where some sections are not links but have subsections.

Good Luck with it.
Regards
Moira
--