Has anyone heard of or noticed this issue? When you give a container element a height value (in order to give an element within that container a 100% height) and you place two elements within that container, one that has a fixed height and one that has a height of 100%, the fixed height is added to the 100% so that vertical scrolling is required in order to view all of the element. I have been having this issue and I am wondering if it is covered in the CSS2 specification or if someone has noted it elsewhere on the web? My solution has been to modify my fixed element enough so that it doesn't have to be 'contained' in the container element and then place it outside (on top) of my container element. This then eliminates the problem and vertical scrolling becomes unnecessary. If anyone is interested in discussing this, please let me know and feel free to comment.

Best Regards,
Neal