On 7/18/05, Geoffrey Alan Colbath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> characters... so I am wondering if there's a way to set a minimum height
> for a paragraph, with the option for the height to expand to accomodate
> additional content?

There is a 'min-height' attribute you can use, but I do not believe it
works in Internet Explorer.
It works pretty much as you would expect:

p.float {
min-height:100px;
}

would set the height to a minimum of 100px but allow it to resize as
necessary.  I haven't hacked at your specific case, but this should be
what you are looking for.  And if I recall, there's a min-height IE
hack that you might be able to find with a bit of Googling.