Bruce Gilbert wrote:

Hello,

on my home page (http://www.inspired-evolution.com), I have created a
fancy dropcap for the I in inspired and noticed a couple of issues.

http:www.inspired-evolution.com
CSS" http://www.inspired-evolution.com/Gilbert.css

Dunno, but would guess if you really mean fancy you've got the wrong font. Anyway, you might look at Stu Nicholls <http://www.stunicholls.myby.co.uk/menu/dropcap.html> method. I've not tried it myself, so don't know about cross browser compatibility: If you want an initial cap you can mess around with p:first-letter, but there are problem in IE 5.5 with that method. I've played around some with an initial cap on this page: <http://www.dlaakso.com/sandbox/css.html>. However, if your primary goal is cross-browser communication and readability for a business site, I'd concentrate on just that. Save the 'fancy stuff' for a personal venture of lesser consequence.
Regards,
David Laakso

--
David Laakso